20 October 2010

Towards new adventures

Our time in Barcelona is drawing to an end and I can’t believe how fast the last three years went by. On the one hand I have the impression as if it was yesterday that we arrived with our numerous suitcases and registered at the ayuntamiento. On the other hand I can’t imagine not living in this beautiful city where from Day 1 I felt right at home. 

We had a wonderful experience in Barcelona and, yes, in case you are wondering, I am very sad to leave. I will miss the view towards the mountains and across the Mediterranean every morning. I will miss walking through the noisy streets of the Eixample and strolling along the beach promenade. I will miss having a drink in a chiringuito in November and tapas whenever I feel like it. And I will miss the energetic atmosphere of Barcelona which you cannot put into words but which you will notice immediately. But most of all I will miss some very special people I had the chance to get to know, hoping that we will stay in touch. Don’t be a stranger! 

But enough of the sentimental thoughts! We are facing another exciting adventure and I am all for looking towards the future. Next week Thursday at 6:50 we will leave Barcelona with another mountain of suitcases and fly to Buenos Aires, where we will hopefully feel at home the next three years. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. And we will miss you toooooooo!!! But its a very exciting adventure!!! :))

    ReplyDelete