30 July 2013

Trick or Treat: Brunch at Fierro Hotel


We finally made it to brunch at the Fierro Hotel in Palermo. And what can I say: Everything they write and blog about it on the internet is true. It’s great. Go!

You pay 150 Pesos, and they serve you five delicious courses, bread & jams, a very good Bloody Mary, fruit, juice and tea. The portions are not big, mind you, but I swear even the husband who does not only like his food well prepared but also in a certain quantity actually rolled out of the place afterwards.

And it was delicious. This month’s tasting menu started off with a fruit salad and some bread, jams and the traditional Dulce de Leche. Then we had an egg prepared at 63° C, followed by a combo of Leberwurst & Schwarzbrot, some Asian snack that looked like a Bahji, and a seaweed fritter with joghurt dressing. Then came the catch of the day – a nicely prepared white fish with courgette puree – and a Goulash with real Spätzle. How we managed the pear crumble is still a mystery to me but it was so good that I had to give it a go.

I actually don’t know how often they change the brunch menu, but I can’t wait because then I can go again.



As to the ambience, brunch is served in the regular breakfast a.k.a. dining area of the hotel that offers a view at the small garden and the open kitchen where you can watch the chefs do their magic. The décor is tastefully modernish, the seats are comfy and the waitresses make up for their slight absentmindedness by being very friendly.

So what are you waiting for? Go!


No comments:

Post a Comment